Here at Deluxe we host 2 different workshops to serve the music community
GROUP MENTORING SESSIONS.
Run over 3 consecutive weeks, Tony facilitates group mentoring sessions which hold a maximum of 6 participants. Each week runs for a bit over 2 hours.
They are conducted in a safe, relaxed and friendly environment, where confidentiality is guaranteed.
The opening session provides each person the opportunity to share where they are at in their current life / career, with a chance to express where they would ideally like to be, as well as looking at what they would like to change
We look at the blockage(s) that are not allowing them to either get a start or get out of their rut.
The information shared also helps participants get a better understanding on how their minds work and more importantly offers strategies as to how they can change their thinking, so better outcomes can be achieved.
Each week tasks are set to encourage people to make the important first steps to hopefully making better life choices.
Everybody is encouraged to participate in an open dialogue and not just write down notes.
The best way to help is by helping others. Previous mentees found this dynamic instrumental in assisting them. Wonderful friendships were formed that still endure to this day.
The 3 week course is not meant to be the panacea, neither does it claim to fix everything. It does promise (providing the work is done), to provide a catalyst that will take people on a different trajectory. In turn this trajectory may give people the tools necessary to make better decisions.
Cost is $440.00 GST inc
Here at Deluxe we offer an intensive 3 hour workshop. It is designed for those who either maybe thinking about performing mastering, to improve the sound of their own productions, or in order to set up their own service.
Basic audio knowledge is recommended.
Some of the topics we cover include.
* Basic mastering principles and a quick history of mastering and how it evolved from it’s inception to the current day.
* Talk about the tools used in mastering and how they work.
* Analogue and digital mastering.
* Signal path and workflow.
* How a session works starting from the initial client enquiry right through to delivery of the final product.
* We do an actual commercial mastering job, explaining every step of the process, so participants can see / hear what and why things are being done.
* Mastering for CD, Vinyl and looking at the new and ever-changing world of digital and streaming platforms.
* Setting up of a template that is transferable to any DAW on the market.
* Exercises to take home to help build listening and mastering techniques.
* Q&A session after the workshop which includes some mentoring around building a mastering business.
We invite participants to bring their tracks in to be heard in our room, so they can hear how their mixes / masters sound and be offered constructive input as to how they can be improved.
Lunch and refreshments are served. Any dietary requirements or preferences will be catered for provided we receive a minimum 48hrs notice.
Cost: $385.00 inc GST